Sunday, July 7, 2013

July 7

     This is my second official day of retirement and I must say, IT'S AWESOME.  On each of my first days of the liesure life I went out on long bike rides, actually seeking out the biggest hills in the area.  I need to do some serious climbing because I am worried about the first 80 miles out of Seattle, going from sea level up into the Cascade Mountains.  Unfortunately, I know of no 30-mile sustained uphill rides in Minnesota or Wisconsin.  Nevertheless, I'll keep training the best I can.  And, yes, 50 miles on a bike is easier, more enjoyable and certainly less stressful than a ten-hour day in the paint store.
     Also, last week I got some welcome news from my son Aaron.  He has decided to ride the first five days with me from Seattle to Spokane, provided that I buy him an Amtrak ticket back.  Done!  At first he was only going to ride a day or two.  Then not at all.  Then maybe.  Then no.  But now he is back on board and I think his presence will add a whole new dimension to the first leg of this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment